Dr. Mandy Manak and Active Care Youth and Adult Services have partnered to create “A New Tomorrow”. A New Tomorrow Treatment Solutions LTD will be operating a live-In treatment center in Kamloops, BC. The organization is in the early stages of creating program structure and facility development.
We are seeking applicants with extensive experience in mental health and substance use as well as knowledge and experience in developmental disabilities. A New Tomorrow will be providing specialized mental health consultation and services to individuals 12-24 years of age who may have comorbid disorders. The Licensed Practical Nurse will collaborate in assessment, treatment, case management, community support, and as required, urgent medical response to client. The Licensed Practical Nurse functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Two years' recent related Mental Health & Addiction experience in clinical areas, services, and programs, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current valid B.C. driver's license and access to reliable vehicle.
- Experience working with BC First Nations organizations and communities.
- Knowledge of the health and wellness governance landscape in First Nations' health in BC, particularly relative to mental wellness.
- Knowledge of theories, practices and principles relative to mental wellness, suicide prevention, and mental health emergency response, particularly relative to First Nations in BC, including the current programs and services available.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal/First Nations mental wellness health system needs, including mental health and wellness issues that face BC First Nations.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, an understanding of First Nations cultural principles and protocols and ability to manage conflict in a respectful and culturally relevant and safe manner.
Skills and Abilities:
Assessment and Treatment: Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) through appropriate/prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions. Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups. Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written, computer communication means. Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution skills. Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem-solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision-making skills using a systems approach. Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice: Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitivity to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns. Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team and collaborates across disciplines. Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement and empowerment. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovation.
Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care. Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area. Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Wage Range $28.00/hr - $32.00/hr Based on Experience & Education
Night Shift Premiums
Sun Life Benefit Package
Great & Accommodating Team!
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact:
778-696-2147 ext. 2 Jennifer Bandura